2014-2015 Fulbright Malaysian Scholarship for Malaysian Students
The Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE) is pleased to announce its annual competition for Fulbright grants for graduate level study (Masters or Ph.D. degrees) in the United States for FY2014-2015 academic year. Grants under the Malaysian Fulbright student program will be administered as either degree or non-degree grants (Dissertation Research), depending on whether the applicant is seeking to complete coursework or research toward his/her degree program at a Malaysian university or is seeking to obtain a degree from an American institution.
2014-2015 Fulbright Malaysian Scholarship for Malaysian Students Details
- To be considered for selection under this program, students shall:
- Possess Malaysian citizenship;
- Be no more than 35 years of age at the time of application. Applicant above 35 years of age will be considered on case by case basis.
- Be in good health;
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with Honors (Hons.) and cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or its equivalent;
- Must have a TOEFL score of at least 100 (internet based test) on a test taken no more than two years prior to the time of application (note: certain fields and/or institutions may require a higher score). You should provide the test date if you haven’t taken the test. You must indicate that you want your score report sent to the Institute of International Education (IIE). You must indicate the IIE code on the registration forms and/or the forms provided at the time you take the exam.The institution code for TOEFL and GRE exam: 2326, GMAT: FOF-4J-28
- Must have a GMAT, GRE*, GRE subject test with minimum score as required by the institution of your choice. Please check with programs or universities that you are planning to apply about the required test.
- Be available for interview in Kuala Lumpur.
- Be prepared to return to Malaysia immediately upon completion of study.
|Field of Study
||The scholarship is available for pursuing graduate level study (Masters or Ph.D. degrees) in the United States.
Preference will be given to those proposals which are consistent with MACEE’s overall thematic approach for Fulbright awards, emphasizing these general areas of study:
-Economics and Technology Transfer
-Issues in Contemporary Society
However, students applying for any other field of study than those mentioned above are encouraged to apply, as all highly qualified applicants will be considered. Students applying for MBA should take note that preferences are given to other fields of study.
||Awards will be partial grants or otherwise require cost-sharing from the candidate’s home institution, scholarships or other funding from the admitting university or from personal resources. The amount of any specific award will be based upon available funding and other criteria as determined by the academic committee during the selection process. All decisions regarding category and amount of grant shall be final.
|How To Apply
||1. Students can download the application form here and the reference letter from here.
2. Please mail 4 sets of your application to MACEE by August 16th 2013:
MACEE Fulbright Malaysian Graduate Study and Research Program 18th Floor, Menara Yayasan Tun Razak 200 Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur
A complete application includes :
- a. Application form with photograph.
- b. Certified true copies of university transcript(s) for all years of academic study.
- c. Certified true copies of degree certificates.
- d. Copies of TOEFL/GMAT/GRE score reports.
- e. You must have three letters of reference submitted on your behalf. All letters of reference should be written by teacher under whom you have studied or pursued research or by someone who has supervised you in work related to your proposed field of study. Letters of reference should not be written by persons related to you or by personal friends. At least one academic and one professional or work related letter should be included among the letters. The letter is confidential and should be in a sealed envelope and not required to make 4 copies.
- f. Most universities will require that graduate students (regardless of field of study) included a thesis abstract or research paper (translated into English) that was completed during previous university-level studies.
||16 Augustn 2013
If you want to apply this scholarship, kindly read our scholarship tips.
Incoming search terms:
Category: Corporate, Master Degree, Overseas, Ph.D, Scholarship Tips, US