The ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship (AUS) is offered by the National University of Singapore (NUS) to full-time NUS undergraduates who have outstanding academic merit and co-curricular activities.
|ASEAN* Undergraduate Scholarship (AUS) Details
||The AUS is awarded to freshmen based on academic merit. These freshmen must be citizens or permanent residents of an ASEAN* member country. Singapore citizens are ineligible to apply for the AUS.Candidates will be considered and shortlisted for interviews through their application for admission to NUS. No separate scholarship application is required.*ASEAN nations: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
|Field of Study
||The scholarship is open to students from all faculties. However, candidates should note that due to the highly competitive nature of courses like Medicine, Dentistry and Law, there are limited scholarships for students who wish to pursue these courses.
- The scholarship covers tuition fees and provides an annual living allowance of S$5,800. The scholarship is tenable for the minimum period of candidature for the respective undergraduate courses at NUS.
- The scholarship does not carry a bond. However, tuition fees at NUS have been subsidised by the Singapore Ministry of Education (MOE) through the MOE Tution Grant Subsidy. The MOE Tuition Grant Subsidy is not covered under the scholarship scheme. The MOE Tuition Grant Subsidy carries a bond for students who are not Singapore citizens. All Singapore permanent residents and international students taking up the MOE Tuition Grant Subsidy are required to work with a Singapore-registered company of their choice for three years upon graduation. Due to the higher fees and subsidies for the Dental and Medical courses, students in these courses are obliged to work for a longer bond period of five and six years respectively.
- Recipients of the scholarship may not concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, grant or award without prior approval from the University.
- The University does not provide any assistance towards travel or other costs nor does it guarantee employment for the scholar upon graduation.
- The scholarship covers the entire duration of undergraduate studies on condition that scholars maintain a minimum CAP (Cumulative Average Point) of 3.5. The academic performance is monitored on a semester basis.
- If the scholar decides to terminate the scholarship prematurely, the university reserves the right to impose a repayment on a case-by-case basis.
|How To Apply
|| A completeapplication consists of the following:
- Application form
- Please submit only one application form. Duplicate applications will not be considered.
- This application form must be submitted online. Forms which are downloaded and printed from our website will not be accepted. An acknowledgement screen showing your application number will be displayed if your online application has been successfully submitted. Please print a copy of the acknowledgement screen for future reference.
|| Application for admission in AY2012-2013 opens from 14 October 2011 – 1 April 2012.
Incoming search terms: