Eligible Malaysian citizens are invited to apply for the Biasiswa Yang di-Pertuan Agong Tahun 2012 for Masters and doctorate level studies, in the fields of science and technology, economics and law at local and overseas universities.
JPA is offering 6 scholarships for students to pursue Master‘s degrees and another 6 scholarships for PhD students.
Ideal candidates should possess a flair for languages and a love for social work or have produced creative and innovative works.
|BIASISWA YANG DI PERTUAN AGONG 2012 Details
- Malaysian citizen
- Not more than 30 years old on the year they begin their university course
- Active in extra-curricular or community activities, or have produced creative and innovative work
- Priority will be given to applicants who are fluent in more than one international language
- Secured a place at a local or world-renowned university (see below), and displays exemplary academic performance at undergraduate or Masters level
|Field of Study
||All scholars will receive a cost of living allowance (as shown below), as well as other allowances to cover any related expenditures.
Tuition fees will be paid directly to the university.
- Malaysia: RM1,760 (Master’s degree), RM2,500 (PhD)
- United States of America: USD 1,923
- United Kingdom: £1,639.50
- Australia: AUD 2,070
- New Zealand: NZD 2,174
Scholars are required to return to Malaysia upon completion of studies and serve the government for a minimum of 5 years.
|How To Apply
- The scholarship application period is from 27 June 2012 to 13 July 2012.
- Completed the application online.
- Download, print and send in your application, along with the relevant supporting documents, to:Ketua Pengarah Perkhidmatan Awam Malaysia
Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam Malaysia
Bahagian Pembangunan Modal Insan
Aras 5, Blok C1, Kompleks C
Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutan
(u.p: Unit Penawaran Latihan Sebelum Perkhidmatan)
- You may submit one application only.
- All appications will be processed after the application closing date.
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified. The list of successful candidates can be viewed on the JPA website 13 August 2012 onwards.
- Successful candidates are required to print out the interview invitation letter and bring it to along for the interview.
- Civil servants will be required to fill in the JPA(L)LDP1B/96 (Pin./2003 form with the validated LNPT marks for the year 2009, 2010 and 2011 from the Head of Department.
- All applications must ensure that their parents are not in the JPA education loan scheme blacklist, and has not breeched any agreement with any government parties
- The results of the scholarship applications is final. No correspondence or inquiry regarding the results will be entertained.
||13 July 2012
Incoming search terms:
Category: Economics, Government, Laws, Local, Master Degree, Overseas, Ph.D, Scholarship Tips, Science