The Maxis Scholarship For Excellence Award is an effort to nurture a forward-thinking and progressive new generation of Malaysians. It is open to young and outstanding Malaysians who have gained admittance to top universities anywhere in the world.
Successful applicants will be awarded the opportunity of a postgraduate scholarship to pursue their academic goals at the world’s most prestigious universities.
|Maxis Scholarship for Excellence: Postgraduate Details
- Aged 30 years or below.
- Achieved a minimum of a 2nd Class Upper Honours (or equivalent) degree from a good university.
- Have a minimum of three years working experience.
- Have a strong appreciation and appetite for current affairs (for example, a general knowledge of Malaysia’s constitutional and legal framework, economic levers, government initiatives and nation building philosophies).
- Demonstrate a continuing involvement in extra-curricular activities (team or individual sports; voluntary service; affiliation with a recognised association or society) as well as special achievements in academics, social work or similar contributions.
- Possess the traits of an ambassador for Malaysia, with a sense of loyalty and identification for the country. There should also be evidence of a clear sense of purpose and goals in life, as well as a display of visionary capabilities.
In short, an individual who is not only high-achieving, but boasts a well-rounded, potent blend of academic, personal, social, extra-curricular and experiential abilities and skills.
|Field of Study
||Courses offered by the University
|Founded and fully-funded by Maxis as part of its extensive Corporate Social Responsibility campaign, the Maxis Scholarship For Excellence Award is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for outstanding young individuals to fulfill their dreams and aspirations of creating a better society, a richer culture and a greater nation.
|How To Apply
||Applicants must prepare soft and certified true copies of the following documents, which should be attached with the form and submitted to the scholarship committee:
- Proof of age (Certified birth certificate AND Certified NRIC.),
- Two copies of academic transcripts that have been certified as True copies by the university from where the applicant graduated,
- Letter of admission from the university,
- Three letters of recommendation from people who are qualified to provide insight into the applicant’s potential for success and leadership,
- Statement of purpose from the applicant indicating how the chosen course of study fits in with the applicant’s past record and chosen course of study,
- Any other documents that applicants wish to submit to strengthen their application including copies of articles written, reports of volunteer work, extracurricular certificates etc.
- All attached documents must be in PDF format. Each document must not exceed the maximum file size of 3 MB.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT MAXIS NO LONGER ACCEPTS HARD COPIES OF ANY DOCUMENTS FOR POSTGRADUATE APPLICATION.
||Now open, apply now
Incoming search terms: