PIDM Undergraduate Scholarship Programme 2013
STPM, pre-university, foundation and matriculation students are invited to apply for this full-scholarship grant.
PIDM Undergraduate Scholarship Programme 2013 Details
||The scholarship will be offered on a yearly basis to a maximum of ten successful applicants, to undertake up to 4 years of undergraduate studies locally.
This notice of offer for the scholarship is open for applications from all Malaysian students in need of funding commencing 2013. Students who have started their undergraduate studies are also eligible to apply provided they meet the requirements.
||You must be a Malaysian citizen under 25 years of age (as of 1 January 2013) and be a full time student;
||You must have good academic results in SPM/STPM or equivalent (with credits in Bahasa Malaysia and English);
||You must be a full-time student and have gained admission into any of the courses related to the field of studies listed here, which has been approved and accredited by Lembaga Akreditasi Negara (LAN), in a college or university in Malaysia as approved by PIDM;
||Not be in a position financially to take the course without financial aid or award;
||Not be in receipt of any other scholarship, financial aid or award from any institutions or any other organisations or foundation;
||Not have been terminated from or ceased to be in receipt of any other scholarship, financial aid or award from any institution, organisation or foundation, due to disciplinary action against the applicant;
||Applications will only be considered if they meet the eligibility criteria; the specific field of study and the list of colleges and universities as approved by PIDM.
|Field of Study
WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBLE FIELDS OF STUDY?
- Business Administration
- International Business
- Islamic Banking
- Financial Banking and Management
- Computer Science / Information Technology
- International Financial Economics
- Actuarial Science
- Law / Shariah Law
- Human Development / Human Resource Development
- Mathematics (Actuary)
- Risk Management and Insurance
APPROVED LIST OF COLLEGES OR UNIVERSITIES
Public Higher Education Institutions
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UHTM)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
Private Higher Education Institutions
- 1. Multimedia University (MMU)
- 2. Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- 3. Universiti Tun Abdul Razak (UNIRAZAK)
- 4. Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)
- 5. Universiti Industri Selangor (UNISEL)
- Up to RM10,000 a year in course fees or the actual cost, whichever is lower;
- Up to RM2,000 in allowances for learning aids including books, computer, stationeries, and other materials per semester or up to RM4,000 per year;
- Up to a maximum of RM6,000 allowance per year or RM500 per month;
- Induction Programme
An induction programme will be provided to all recipients of PIDM’s Scholarship Award. This is to ensure the recipients understand the mandate, vision, mission and values of PIDM.
- Mentoring and Coaching
Each recipient will be assigned a “mentor” from the PIDM Executive Management Committee (EMC). The mentor will provide consistent and continuous mentoring and coaching throughout the programme. This is to ensure that the recipients have the necessary support and are able to leverage on the experience of our management team.
- Internship Programme
As part of the strategic design of the programme, graduates will be offered paid six-month internship opportunities in PIDM to apply what they have learned in an operational context (minimum ‘Cumulative Grade Point Average’ (CGPA) of 3.00 or a minimum of ‘Second Class Upper’ in the final examinations).
In summary, the programme will cover the above fees and allowance up to a maximum of RM20,000 per person per annum. During the period of internship with PIDM, each recipient will receive a monthly allowance of RM1,000 for a six-month period.
|How To Apply
||Please send your completed application form by hand or by post with all relevant documents to reach us no later than 26 April 2013 to:
Human Capital Division
Level 12, Quill 7, No. 9, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5, Kuala Lumpur Sentral,
50470 Kuala Lumpur.
email your application to email@example.com
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified, and decision will be final
||26 April 2013
If you want to apply this scholarship, kindly read our scholarship tips.
Incoming search terms: