Taylor’s University, in collaboration with leading world-class multinationals, is once again awarding full scholarships to outstanding students with exceptional academic results and leadership qualities in the Taylor’s World Class Scholarship (TWCS) 2012. This unique scholarship offers not only financial aid, but also the golden opportunity to intern or train with global brand names.
This marks the seventh consecutive year of the scholarship scheme which has, to date, disbursed over RM6.6 million in scholarships that has benefited 100 students. This scholarship is truly one-of-a-kind, as not only do the recipients benefit from academic and soft skills development, they are also given the opportunity to acquire hands-on industry experience with world-renowned multinationals.
Unlike conventional scholarships that only provide financial assistance, TWCS recipients are guaranteed practical training with some of the world’s most successful companies. The internship is carried out during the semester break of their degree course, and/or as a management training stint upon graduation, providing scholars with global recognition and the added edge to succeed in their careers after graduation.
TAYLOR’S WORLD CLASS SCHOLARSHIP 2012 Details
||The following are the qualifications and minimum entry requirements for the TWCS programme:
||Minimum of 8As (combination of A+, A, A-)
||Minimum CGPA 3.55
|Foundation / Matriculation from other colleges
||Minimum CGPA 3.80
||Minimum GPA 3.33 in 3 subjects (minimum Grade C)
||ABB and above
|South Australian Matriculation (SAM)
||ATAR 85 and above
|Canadian Pre-University (CPU)
||85% and above
||Maximum 12 points in 6 subjects (excluding Chinese), and must include 5Bs, English minimum B3
The above qualifications and requirements refer to results obtained by students from one sitting in 2011.
Other recognised and equivalent qualifications will also be considered on a case-to-case basis. Verification will be based on actual results.
|Field of Study
||courses offered by the University
- Full tuition fee waiver for stipulated tertiary programmes conducted at Taylor’s University in Malaysia
- Experience world-class internships and / or undergo management training programmes* (a 6-month minimum programme) at leading international corporations (subject to the discretion of the partner corporations)
- Global recognition
|How To Apply
- Applicants are required to write an essay of 200-400 words in the online application form.
- The essay’s question is “Describe one of the most challenging moments in your life and how it has affected you.”
- Below are some useful tips for applicants to take note when preparing the required essay :
- The essay must address the question/topic provided.
- Focus on an angle that is suitable for the topic and elaborate on the story to make it interesting, unique and different from others.
- Do provide concrete experiences instead of making generalisation.
- Avoid repeating statements in the essay. It is important to be concise and clear in the essay statements.
- Write well and accurately by proofreading the essay before submission.
- If all or part of the essay submitted is found to be plagiarised, applicants will be immediately disqualified.
- Applicants must demonstrate an excellent record of extra curriculum activities, participation in clubs and societies, sports, community service and others.
- Applicants must possess good attitude and leadership qualities.
- Applicants must have a high level of English proficiency and good communication skills.
- Applicants should not be a recipient of any other scholarships, financial aid or award from any education institutions or organisations.
- Shortlisting of scholars will be based on the above entry requirements and performance during the face-to-face interview.
- Click here to apply online.
||6 April 2012
Incoming search terms:
Category: Architecture, Bachelor Degree, Business Admin, Communication, Culinary, Diploma, Engineering, Hospitality & Tourism, IT, Local, Scholarship Tips, Tourism, University/College