The Maxis Scholarship for Excellence Award (MSEA) presents young and outstanding Malaysians a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to embark on a journey that will allow them to realise their goals.
Maxis is offering undergraduate scholarships to our postpaid customers or children of our customers who have excelled both in their academic studies as well as their extra-curricular activities. This scholarship is also open for application to children of Maxis permanent and contract employees.
Maxis seeks well rounded individuals, who have demonstrated leadership skills in the classroom, as well as in sports, social work or other areas. Recipients of this scholarship will be able to pursue courses at either a local or overseas university – a significant step towards pursuing their life’s dreams and ambitions.
|The Maxis Scholarship for Excellence Award (MSEA) Details
- Applicants or their parents must be a Maxis postpaid customer with a minimum of one year tenure with Maxis postpaid services, having a good payment record with Maxis. Children of Maxis permanent and contract employees are also welcome to apply.
- Applicants must be Malaysian citizens aged below 23 years old.
- Applicants must not be bonded to any body and must have secured an unconditional offer or acceptance from a local or foreign university prior to receiving the Maxis Scholarship for Excellence Award (MSEA).
Applicants may apply for the Maxis Scholarship for Excellence Awar(MSEA) with a conditional offer letter from an approved local university or a preferred foreign university. However, they must have fully met the conditions of the offer prior to being awarded the scholarship
- Applicants currently in their first or second year of undergraduate studies may also apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants must achieve the following academic results :
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or equivalent: minimum 6 As
- Either oneof the following foundation courses:
- Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM): minimum 3 As, or
- Matriculation/Diploma: CGPA 3.5 or above, or
- A Level: minimum 3 As, or
- Australian TER: minimum 90.0, or
- Recognised Foundation/Pre-University courses: Equivalent to CGPA 3.5 or above, or
- International Baccalaureate: minimum 36.0
- Current first or second year students: must have CGPA of 3.5 or above.
- Applicants are also required to:
- Possess a good command of the English language, both written and oral;
- Excel in extra-curricular activities; and
- Possess leadership qualities.
|Field of Study
- The local or overseas universities that applicants have applied to, or enrolled in, must be recognized by the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education. The preferred list of universities are:
- Local Universities
- Overseas Universities; Times Higher Education 2011-2012 Top 50 World Universities by Subject:
- Top 50 Arts and Humanities universities
- Top 50 Engineering and Technology universities
- Top 50 Physical Sciences universities
- Top 50 Social Sciences universities
- For local scholarship application, there is no restriction to applicants’ field of study.
- For overseas scholarship application, the approved fields of study and courses are as below:
|Field of Study*
|Arts and Humanities
||English Language and Literature
|Engineering and Technology
Computer Communication Engineering
Electrical & Electronics Engineering
||Accounting / Finance
Actuarial Science / Studies
Business / Business Administration
Human Resources Management
International Relations / Studies
Mass Communication / Public Relations
Organizational /Social Psychology
Sales / Marketing
Statistics & Operational Research
* Approved fields of study and courses are subject to changes. Please visit this website for updates.
||If the scholar is pursuing an undergraduate course in Malaysia, the scholarship awarded is up to RM 10,000 per year. If the scholar is studying in an institution overseas/outside Malaysia, the scholarship awarded is up to RM 150,000 per year. The scholarship amount includes the following:-
- Tuition fees
- Costs of living
- Books and stationeries allowance
- Flight tickets (for overseas scholarship recipients, economy class, one-time return trip)
|How To Apply
|Please note that this application is only available online. MAXIS DOES NOT ACCEPT HARD COPIES OF ANY DOCUMENTS.
|Read through the instructions below and click on the ‘BEGIN ONLINE APPLICATION’ button to get started.
|Applicants must prepare soft copies of the following documents, which should be certified as true copies and uploaded as 6 sets of files in the online application form.
- Proof of Age and Mobile Subscription: Certified Birth Certificate, Certified NRIC and the latest Maxis Mobile Postpaid Bill related to the mobile number used for application,
- Academic Transcripts: All school academic transcripts (UPSR, PMR and SPM) and foundation course results (STPM / A-Levels / Matriculation / Diploma / Foundation Program),
- University Offer: letter of offer / letter of acceptance / letter of admission / enrolment verification letter from the university,
- Letters of Recommendation: Two letters of recommendation from people who are qualified to provide insight into the applicant’s potential for success and leadership,
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae: Summary of applicant’s background and achievements, and
- Others: Any other documents that applicants wish to submit to strengthen their application, including copies of articles written, reports of volunteer work, extra-curricular certificates etc.
All attached documents can be in any of these formats: DOC, PDF, GIF and JPG.
Each document set must not exceed the maximum file size of 2 MB.
A maximum of 6 file sets can be attached. Each file set must be combined and named under the above headers.
||20 April 2012 – 3 June 2012
||Announcement of scholarship recipients and scholarship award ceremony
Incoming search terms:
Category: Accounting, Actuarial, Bachelor Degree, Business Admin, Commerce, Computer Science, Corporate, Economics, Engineering, Humanities, IT, Laws, Local, Mathematics, Overseas, Pilosophy, Political Science, Scholarship Tips, Social sciences